R. E. Dye established R. E. Dye Machine and Supply in 1919 to serve the automotive and welding needs in Breckenridge. Defense requirements during World War II required a change to military production.
In 1957 R.E. Dye Machine and Supply incorporated and changed to R. E. Dye Manufacturing Corporation. Production continued for the military as well as Bell Helicopter, Lockheed, General Dynamics, LTV, Raytheon and several oilfield companies.
R. E. Dye's nephew, Jimmy Dye, was employed in 1959 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M. He purchased the company in 1993 and continues the family business with his son
Coby serving as President and minority stock holder.